Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Mexico Dreamin'- Eric

Attention: Blog followers
It was only a dream.
Like in the old "Dallas" TV series.
I have memories of leaving Burien with Marge and Otto in January 2017. Our little Hyundai was
overloaded as we headed for Mexico.
A very vivid dream
I remember living for four months, high on a hill, in a classy condo overlooking Puerto Vallarta's hotel zone. There were nightly fireworks displays, strolls on tropical beaches and bay-side feasts of shrimp fajitas and frozen strawberry margaritas.
I recall moving into a colorful Mexican house in the central highlands village of Ajijic. We went to bars with live music where we danced with wild abandon--like we hadn't done in decades. We ate with the Brunch Bunch at delightful restaurants on Sunday mornings. I joined Democrats Abroad, Film Aficionados and classes at the Lake Chapala Society.
I even remember a short stay in a tiny casita with a nearby sparkling pool and quiet tree-lined streets.
Colorful memories
But all those memories must have been just a very vivid dream.
Because here we are: Marge is working at the same Washington State Department of Transportation office in Tumwater. I'm still tending the home fires at our same condo in Burien.The same cars are in the same parking spots and their owners are, presumably, in the same jobs. Otto and I are taking the same Seahurst beach and Lincoln Park walks with the neighbor's same dog.
It must have been only a dream.
I've gotta admit I've noticed some unfamiliar folks and pets hanging around the complex. And some previously planned construction projects seem to be have been magically completed.
But facts are facts. I can't dispute them. We are where we are.
It must have all been a dream--a thrillingly adventurous and memorable dream, but still a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Really great! (Don't make me cry Eric!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Eric! It will be a vivid dream that you will remember the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome!