Saturday, February 25, 2017

Influenza in Puerto Vallarta! - Marge


On the Taco Stand tour

on the Taco Stand tour

On the Taco Stand tour

on the Taco Stand tour
Our blog is finally done! Here I am writing an actual blog entry! So happy about this! Also, so much to report. Hard to even know where to start! Have been sick. Got influenza. It attacked me hard and fast. Fine before breakfast. One cough as I ate, then it hit me like a hammer. the afternoon was bad but that night I could only sleep for an hour at a time between sweating and coughing and feeling almost too weak to lift a glass of water! The next day, my birthday, I spent at Emergency. Turns out there's an influenza epidemic in Puerto Vallarta. The hospitals are full. Many of the victims are Canadians. They're bringing it with them and spreading it around to the rest of us. The doctor said 80% of the time it turns into pneumonia. Hoping that was hyperbole. Had a bit of a relapse a couple of days ago. Went back to Emergency. Feeling a lot better today. Now Eric is sick! And, besides all that, we have no stove. It broke on Valentine's Day. It's been broken ever since! All through being sick. No way to cook a meal except in the microwave. Repair people have come. No actual repairs have been made. Now the estimate is that it won't be fixed for up to 2 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!