Thursday, March 23, 2017

Whale Watching! - Marge

Eric on our whale watching tour
This morning we went on a whale watching tour! The tour departed from the Marine Terminal, 10 minutes from where we're staying in Puerto Vallarta. Had the best time!

At first the big waves were horrible as the bow of the tiny
Two whales near our tiny inflatable boat
inflatable boat shot upward and then crashed down hard! I slumped over in my seat clutching my stomach at the alarming sensations! Also may have done some groaning. Strangely, everyone else seemed unaffected! The tour person came over and asked if I wanted to be taken back to shore. I wanly said no and suffered in silence (or as much silence as possible) for a little while and then someone gave me gum (I've read it's good for seasickness) and someone else told me to watch the horizon and then, gradually I began to enjoy the ride and in the end I had the most wonderful time! Didn't want it to end! I strongly suggested to Eric that we buy a sailboat and live on it! We could be on the water all the time!

Today was the last whale watching tour of the season! We were warned we might see only one or two whales-or maybe none. The thing is, we saw hundreds (or at least 20)! They were everywhere-spouting, diving, swimming close beneath the surface next to the boat. A couple of them actually leaped completely out of the water! Humpbacks. Also saw dolphins and frigate birds and pelicans and what must have been seagulls! Loved it! Would have been happy even if we saw no marine mammals--very much enjoyed being out on the ocean! Loved the weather too, sunny and warm as usual. I've almost forgotten how being cold feels. Only remember that I don't want to feel it anymore!

Looking for whales
More whales!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!